|Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Gō|
|Original Air Date(s)||October 1, 2020|
|Number of Episodes||24|
|Opening theme||I believe what you said|
|Ending theme||Kamisama no Syndrome|
Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Gō (ひぐらしのなく頃に業, When the Cicadas Cry: Karma) is a new anime series and the latest addition to the Higurashi no Naku Koro ni franchise. The series started airing on October 1, 2020, 7 years after the previous OVA adaptation and 13 years after the last anime series of the Higurashi no Naku Koro ni franchise. Initially teased as a remake of the first anime series, the airing of the second episode on October 8 revealed that the anime has a brand new story, featuring Onidamashi-hen as its first arc.
It will be followed by the fourth season Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Sotsu (ひぐらしのなく頃に卒, When the Cicadas Cry: Graduation) scheduled to air in July, 2021.
Originally planned to be aired on August 21, 2020, the series premiere had to be delayed to October 1, due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Unlike previous animations, Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Gō is being animated by Studio Passione, instead of Studio DEEN. The anime has the same voice actors and original soundtrack as the first season, but with improved animation and character redesign by Watanabe Akio and Kawaguchi Keiichiro as the director. Like always, Ryukishi07 is providing the script to the series.
- Tataridamashi-hen, Part 1
- Tataridamashi-hen, Part 2
- Tataridamashi-hen, Part 3
- Tataridamashi-hen, Part 4
- Tataridamashi-hen, Part 5
- Satokowashi-hen, Part 1
- Satokowashi-hen, Part 2
- Satokowashi-hen, Part 3
- Satokowashi-hen, Part 4
- Satokowashi-hen, Part 5
- Satokowashi-hen, Part 6
- Satokowashi-hen, Part 7
The first episode had no opening. For the ending song, Eiko Shimamiya's "Higurashi no Naku Koro ni" was used, which also served as the opening for the first anime season. On October 8, Episode 2 aired and the new opening and ending songs were revealed. The series' opening song is "I believe is what you said" by Asaka, while the ending theme's are "God's Syndrome" and "Irregular Entropy" by Ayane.
There are actually two versions where in the second an obscure figure is revealed in Episode 21. The scenes are created as if filmed on a hand camera with flaws and shaking. The scenes are:
- Quick flashes of Satoshi's bat in his locker, Rena's axe lying on corrugated metal in the dump, Mion's airsoft gun on a shelf with gun oil nearby, Shion's taser on a windowsill, and a small stuffed bear sits on one of the classroom's desks.
- Keiichi stands dramatically in the wind outside the school with Satoshi's bat.
- Rena stands, also dramatically in the wind, in the dump with her axe.
- Shion and Mion sit on a table in a traditional room back to back with dejected expressions. Shion holds her taser, and Mion holds her airsoft gun.
- Rika and Satoko stand alone in the classroom with their backs turned to one another.
- A murder of crows take flight.
- A flower has fallen on the table that holds the vase.
- Oyashiro-sama's statue in the Saiguden with both hands intact.
- In a decorative basin, water flows down into it, but the flow is depicted as if the "film" moves forward, then in reverse.
- A probable older Satoko pulls off her uniform tie from her shirt.
- Hanyū kneels in the Shrine looking outside and up at the sky.
- A pan of the outside of the school.
- Quick flashes of Rena's blood-splattered axe on the ground with a pool of blood near it, the torture room in the Sonozaki Home, blood flowing in the water over stones, a tunnel that descends.
- A pan of the ritual torture implements in the Saiguden.
- A silhouette of a female head with a red crescent appearing like a smile.
- A panicked Rika runs through the forest up a hill.
- There is a splash of blood.
- Rika continues running in panic looking up at the viewer. She reaches out and the angle changes to reveal that she is reaching for the door of the shrine.
- The door open with bright light and fingers emerging.
- Focus on Eua's left eye. Her pupils are slightly catlike. She blinks and the reflection of two hands reaching out to her are seen. There is a flash over of two streams of blood. The light engulfs her.
- Quick flashes of a light outside the home Rika and Satoko share, phone on a nightstand, a wrecked car in the dump, the water wheel, the tori of the shrine, guard rails in Okinomiya, grass near the river, a clinic bed, the Child Welfare Office, the shoe lockers, a geisha doll in a case, next to a similarly encased Victorian doll, on a bookshelf, outside St. Lucia Academy, the top of a khakkahara, and a shard on the shrine floor. After some "flaws," a hand, presumably Rika's, reaches to take it.
- The season's title is revealed.
- Blood drips forming a pool of blood.
Episode 21 reveals that there was a figure kneeling in the Saiguden. She is Eua, and it is her face that evilly smiles.
The new anime is in fact a sequel to the original series and acts as a third series. With the cameo appearance of Featherine Augustus Aurora in the opening then in the later episodes suggests that the series directly connects Higurashi no Naku Koro ni with Ryukishi07's other work, Umineko no Naku Koro ni. However, the character refuses to give her name, takes on the name "Eua" based on Satoko's stammers, and as described in her page, Ryukushi07 thus far refuses to confirm that they are the same.
|Higurashi no Naku Koro ni||Onikakushi-hen • Watanagashi-hen • Tatarigoroshi-hen • Himatsubushi-hen|
|Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai||Yakusamashi-hen • Minagoroshi-hen • Matsuribayashi-hen|
|Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Rei||Hajisarashi-hen • Saikoroshi-hen • Hirukowashi-hen|
|Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kira||Batsukoishi-hen • Ayakashisenshi-hen • Musubienishi-hen • Yumeutsushi-hen|
|Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kaku||Higurashi Outbreak|
|Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Gō||Onidamashi-hen • Watadamashi-hen • Tataridamashi-hen • Nekodamashi-hen • Satokowashi-hen|
|Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Sotsu||Oniakashi-hen • Wataakashi-hen • Tatariakashi-hen • Kagurashi-hen|